Can I represent myself in an eviction appeal in Texas?


Assuming you exclusively own the property in question in your personal name, you may represent yourself in an eviction appeal. If you own the home jointly with another person (i.e., a spouse) or own the property in the name of a business entity (e.g. an LLC or a corporation), you must be represented by a licensed Texas attorney in county courts at law.

However, just because you can doesn’t mean you should. The Texas eviction appeal process is complicated and simply put, one simple mistake can cause you a whole lot of headache or worse — lose the eviction appeal case. On that note, Texas Eviction recommends that all landlords hire an attorney for their eviction appeal to the County Court because the rules of evidence apply and landlords have the burden of proving their case.


Video Transcript

  Read More

Get Started

Stop losing money by starting the eviction process now. Things will not get better until you take action. Get started today!