Can I make my tenant pay late fees in an eviction case in Texas?


In general, you may not recover late fees in an eviction case in Texas because of the specific language the legislature decided to use in the eviction laws. Instead, you must bring an entirely separate suit for breach of contract against your tenant if you want to recover your late fees. You can, however, recover past-due rent in the same eviction lawsuit that you seek possession.

Let our eviction experts help you get your property back and get your problem tenant out. Call us today to start the process.

Consectetur Adipiscing Elit

Aenean lacinia turpis at lacus faucibus congue. Sed varius et quam eget aliquet. Maecenas sed ipsum a nisi imperdiet tristique. Suspendisse potenti. Mauris malesuada elit fermentum orci porta eleifend.